#5 Session 1

Session 1: What Are Stuck Points





A stuck point is a personal view or thought that was caused or changed due to the account. 

Stuck points will be used throughout each therapy session.

After this session, I went back through blog post #1-4 and made the "now-realized" stuck points red.  

My stuck points are listed below:
  1. Is my personality, which I've grown to love, going to change?
  2. Am I more worried about saving myself than saving my marriage?
  3. My confusion on whether what he was doing was ok or wrong.
  4. I don't want to look attractive to men.
  5. It is hard for others to "get close" and get to know me.
  6. I refuse to hung.
  7. I can count people I consider real friends on one hand.
  8. I do not "hang out" or socialize.
  9. I cannot sit next to anyone except my husband or kids.
  10. I don't trust anyone completely.
  11. I would have to trust someone enough to do it right because I'm too controlling.
  12. My self-esteem is shitty. I don't like to make myself look or feel attractive.
  13. Tight clothing, blankets and especially socks around my feet make me feel like I can't breathe. I have to know I can escape.
  14. My wedding ring is too fancy. I switched from the $4,000 one to the $20 one I wear everyday.
  15. If I had my choice, I would never have sex or be touched.
  16. I try to plan intimate moments so I don't have that "anticipation" feeling as I get into bed.
  17. I constantly pick at myself until I scar. I do this to make me relax and feel unattractive.
  18. Drug and smoking experimentation.
  19. Avoidance of thoughts.
  20. I avoid people sitting or standing too close to me. I don't want us breathing each others smell.
  21. I don't ever listen to music anymore. It causes emotion.
  22. I avoid any place where there's people I don't know.
  23. My stomach hurts constantly.