#13 Before Session 4

Friday, April 4th, 2014

Last night I had a flashback dream. 

My first flashback, EVER.

I couldn't get out of bed.  I cried and cried and cried.

Was this normal?

I finally called my psychiatrist, not therapist, around 4pm.  I was still in bed, crying.  She reassured me that this was normal.  Due to the therapy, my brain had begun pushing memories forward. 

I saw Jamie.  We were our current age, 30.  I asked her where Kyle was.  I was going to try to press charges.

After I asked her, she told me that he was a lawyer.  A lawyer I wouldn't win against.  I would never be able to prove him guilty.

That was all I remember of the dream.

After waking up, I knew it was an irrational dream because of statute of limitations.  I have NEVER actually dreamed about Jamie OR Kyle. 

This frightens me of the future.

My therapist told me the other day that she can't find him online.  My husband recently told me that he'd do something irrational if he ever saw Kyle. 

The next day I decided to look up the statue of limitations in the state of Illinois.  I couldn't get the dream out of my head.  It turns out, I can still press charges due to my age at the time.  I could prosecute if I wanted.  Did I want to go down that route?